Sisters with Helping Hands is a registered charity that is dedicated to providing services to the community. Due to the lack of inclusive facilities providing equitable access to physical education and community services, we have developed a new council approved major, community infrastructure project for the community: The Hurricane Stars Community Hub. The centre will provide a wide range of consistent educational, social and physical activity programs for all ages. Nurturing and engaging the community from birth until old age, in a warm family-like environment.
The centre will provide a world of opportunities unlike any other centre by having:
- Multiple educational programs and services in one location, creating a one-stop location for families and individuals
- Running innovative programs that work together, throughout the separate centres of the development, in a holistic program to educate, support and engage the community and individual
- The centre is unique because it will have consistent dedicated to female education programs and services . Creating a safe space for women
- The development will be the first purpose built centre that is designed to engage females in both physical and sporting education programs and services
- Unlike other centres, it will focus on providing services and programs for adults, as much as for kids
- Child-minding services will be provided for all programs to support mothers to have greater flexibility to attend programs
- The programs will be suitable and welcoming for all community members to attend but special consideration will be made to ensure all programs are welcoming to members of the disabled and culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- As a result of the unique nature of the programs run in the centre, people will travel from across Brisbane to attend the facilities and the programs
- The centre will provide economic growth through income generation, both during construction and operation, by providing ongoing training and employment opportunities
SUPPORT US THE BRING THIS PROJECT TO LIFE
GO TO OUR CONTACT PAGE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUPPORT US TO BRING THIS PROJECT TO LIFE
As we approach the 2032 Olympic Games in Brisbane, the centre will be providing a training centre for potential future local Olympians. As it provides a safe space for females and culturally diverse community members to discover and develop their skills consistently to an Olympic level. Especially as one of the centre’s key focuses will be providing services for disabled patrons.